A Gus and Gia Puppet Show Review

 

A Gus and Gia Puppet Show Review

A Review by John L.

I have recently become aware of a puppet show called “Gus and Gia Puppet Show”.   When a parent finds something worthwhile and favorable for other parents, it seems as though some sense of duty is on them to share with the rest of the parenting community.  This show is that good, and that worthwhile.

Throughout the show, I found myself being entertained and encouraged.  There were pockets of humor, teaching and a ripe flavor of enjoyment that has been missing for quite some time.  The greatest thing that was absent from the “Gus and Gia Puppet Show” was no political push, no inappropriate language or visuals, no cringe moments where you suddenly are being asked questions that no youngster should have awareness of in their innocent young minds.  A huge sense of relief for any parent just missing that assurance that their child is being safely entertained, with no hidden agenda.

The assortment of “Gus and Gia Puppet Show” episodes showcased these two, brother and sister, respectively, as they read stories, play games, discuss everyday challenges, play music, and so much more.  Gus is the avid funny guy who effortlessly inserts dad jokes and goofy humor into his character.  Gia, on the other hand, is the sister that should make girl siblings everywhere look to her for her model of patience, encouragement and support and guidance of Gus.  The adorable sibling camaraderie between these two is notably genuine and fun to watch. 

As a parent, one of the frustrations in allowing my children to watch shows is the trust in the program to leave unnecessary, questionable material out of the view of these impressionable young viewers. I vetted all the episodes from the “Gus and Gia Puppet Show” and came to a refreshing conclusion; parents can trust this show and they can actually rest in the peace of mind that their children are quite possibly going to be better behaved, courteous, and happy.  These siblings find creative ways to entertain themselves and it’s with good, old fashioned fun, humor and kindness.  Sign me up for more of this in my children’s lives. 

Part of me wonders what these two will cook up next.  I want to highlight one of my favorite things the “Gus and Gia Puppet Show” showcases.  They do these adorable imagination trips where they visit France, various types of dinosaurs, space, safari and so much more.  While they are at these imaginary locations, you see these amazing images unfold before your eyes with the humor of Gus and the fascinating facts from Gia.  In fact, after watching the show with my four year old, I was amazed to hear him breakdown the components of a space shuttle and the reasons why safari animals have unique fur patterns.  I secretly went back to the show just to keep up with the good intellectual conversation of my four year old.

In closing, writing about and promoting a show is not something I typically do.  But, after being bombarded by so much junk, I felt compelled to share some positive news with other parents so they can enjoy the peace of mind I had when I came across the “Gus and Gia Puppet Show”.  You have nothing to lose, so I hope you will put this on your priority list.

- John L.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKING DOGS

BAKING